From the images we choose to share, to access to geographic information, to virtual reality simulators, to the stories we tell, to engaging volunteers, to sharing water quality data with water users – communications technology is helping define our relationship with nature.
Waterkeeper is very proud to join TELUS for a TED-style session featuring incredible individuals who are bringing attention to one of the most important challenges of our time – protecting our planet for generations to come. Thought-provoking presentations by leaders from the world of science, communications, nonprofit, and the arts will examine ways that digital technology can be used to ensure a swimmable, drinkable, fishable future for all Canadians.
- Jennifer Baichwal, filmmaker and director, and Swim Drink Fish Ambassador
- Joseph Boyden, Giller Prize-winning author, and and Swim Drink Fish Ambassador
- Les Stroud, Canadian Screen Award winning producer, creator and star of Survivorman
- Mark Mattson, President, Swim Drink Fish Canada / Lake Ontario Waterkeeper
- Rich Michos, Global Marketing Leader and corporate strategist, IBM
- Moderated by James Riley, Kuma Agency
* This event is invite-only.