The Peoples Great Lakes Summits are sponsored and facilitated by the Canadian Environmental Law Association (CELA) as part of its Healthy Great Lakes program.
Building on the work of the May Summit, Summit 2.0 seeks to:
- Celebrate and update passionate water leaders and emerging leaders on the projects that emerged from the May 2017 Summit.
- Further develop May Summit action plans, as needed, so all are ready to launch.
- Allow a small number of new topics for collective action to be identified and planned, if they emerge before or during Day 1.
- Strategize regarding Ontario public policy needs and opportunities for water protection, given the upcoming provincial election in June 2018.
- Build the capacity of participants to collaborate on policy change through:
- strengthened relationships among Summit 2.0 participants.
- increased knowledge/empowerment in relation to Ontario policy change.
- specific skill training (e.g. project leadership software).
Krystyn Tully will be speaking at the event on Monday night, November 13.